GENEL NİTELİKLER VE İŞ TANIMI
Vacancy Notice Number:
2 months Special Short Term Graded Contract (G4) -with possible extension
Deadline of Applications:
20 August 2020
Number of People to be hired
Under the overall supervision of Emergency Coordinator and the supervision of the Head of Izmir Sub Office, the incumbent is responsible for the implementation and guiding the humanitarian aid to migrants and refugees apprehended at land by land forces.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide Farsi-Turkish/ Turkish-Farsi interpretation services to IOM social worker and field assistant in Dikili. Maintain a level of neutrality during the interpretation and avoid providing his/her personal inputs in delivering messages between the interviewer and the refugee.
- Provide administrative support to IOM social worker and field assistant during the preparation.
- Provide ad hoc support for written Farsi-Turkish-Farsi translations.
- Assist in the Turkish Coast Guard or gendermarie premises for refugees and migrants apprehended in Dikili when need be.
- Provide general information and answer queries on the procedures to the refugees.
- Contribute to reporting and statistics as requested.
- Comply with the IOM Standards of Conduct and the IOM Confidentiality Agreement. Maintain a professional appearance and migrant-friendly demeanour at all times. Maintain positive working relationships within the IOM team and with government authorities. Maintain confidentiality and discretion in treating applicants’ personal information.
- Immediately inform management of any problems or issues related to the daily work and make suggestions on how to improve efficiency and client service.
- Perform other such related duties as may be required.
Education and Experience:
a) High school diploma with four years of relevant experience; or,
b) Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law, Linguistics, Language Studies or related fields from an accredited academic institution, with two years of relevant professional experience.
c) Having experience in relevant field,
d) Having experience on implementing emergency/humanitarian project is an asset
e) Being able to travel,
f) Proven analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills
g) Good level of computer literacy.
h) Experience in liaising with governmental authorities, other national / international institutions
i) Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations
j) Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners
k) Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries and the broader community to advance country office objectives
- Fluency in Turkish andFarsi is required.
- Knowledge of Arabic andFrench is advantageous.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application including the most recent CV with a cover letter in English with contact details (name, position, phone and e-mail details) of three references by indicating name of the position applied with its VN number in the subject line of the e-mail by the end of20 August 2020.