QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
· Bachelors degree from Computer Science Engineering, Electronics Engineering or equivalent discipline
· At least 4 years of total working experience in the related field is required
· At least 3 years of hands on experience supporting Server Infrastructure, both hardware and OS (Unix/Linux and Windows) including expertise in system installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, performance tuning, preventative maintenance, capacity planning, monitoring, and security procedures
· At least 3 years of hands on experience with virtualization/virtual system administration (Preferably in VMware Stack: vCenter, vSphere 5/6, vROPS, SRM, vRealize, Log Insight, NSX, VRNI)
· Knowledge and hands on experience of breaking down engineering tasks and delegation of work to more junior engineers
· Preferably knowledge and hands on experience of Hyper-converged Infrastructures (Nutanix, vSAN, vxRail, HP Simplivity, etc.)
· Preferably knowledge and hands on experience of storage systems (SAN, NAS, RAID Array, etc.)
· Preferably knowledge and hands on experience of building scalable, highly available, mission critical virtual infrastructures including cluster management, redundancy and failover testing
· Preferably knowledge and hands on experience of disaster recovery technologies
· Preferably knowledge and hands on experience of working with ITIL, Cobit, ISO27001 and Service Management best practices
· Vmware Certified Professional (VCP) or VMware Certified Advanced Professional (VCAP) preferred
· Ability to produce system documentation, including writing requirements, operational specifications, system architecture, test plans and as-built documentation, all with attention to detail
· Ability to balance multiple priorities and yet meet deadlines
· Ability to build strong relationships and influence others across the organization
· Effective in dealing with ambiguity
· Strong analytical and excellent problem solving skills
· Provides Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for the Virtualized Infrastructure, ensuring Management, Maintenance, Installation and Improvement.
· Provides administration to optimize Virtualization and OS (Windows,Linux) environment for system configuration, high availability and accounting of system data
· Ensures Service Availability & Quality by patch, component, firmware updates and/or technology replacement compliant to the technology plan.
· Maintains and restores VM backups and Snapshots
· Establishes system analysis of capacity, health, performance and utilization to improve their assessment and adapt them for system improvements.
· Develops and maintains custom scripts to increase system efficiency, automate manual tasks, and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
· Helps to outline support and sustainment model for service(s) being implemented
· Assists as an escalation point for lower levels in incident resolution of Virtualization Infrastructure, leveraging pre-defined work instructions for issue remediation
· Provides advanced analysis and troubleshooting of complex issues/problems
· Leads investigation of root cause analysis for incidents, engaging vendors where needed
· Defines Policies, Procedures and Instructions to ensure system availability, stability, security and integrity for server infrastructure
· Provides Continuous Process Improvement though assessing OS and HW technologies, releases and upgrades.
· Collaborates with other technical service teams to manage, maintain, and resolve complex IT services.
· Works within team, across IT, with business, 3rd party vendors or systems.
· Works with other infrastructure team members to identify tactical solutions to use cases for support and/or implementation