QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
System Safety Engineer is expected to work with a multidisciplinary engineering team consisting of participants from systems engineers and design engineers.
Main scope of interest for the position is to ensure achievement of system safety objectives of military turbofan engine.
Besides, System Safety Engineer is expected to support engine/systems architecture development by contributing safety requirements derivation, and provide related data to other specialty engineering teams (i.e. Reliability Engineering) in scope of the system safety aspects.
· Preparing system safety program plans in accordance with certification basis instructions and international standards.
· Technical communication with design and systems engineering teams during system safety processes.
· Participation in system safety analysis processes (i.e. Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Fault Tree Analysis, Criticality Analysis).
· Contributing to engine/systems design, reliability modeling and analysis to ensure that all safety requirements are met.
· Involvement in validation and verification process of system safety requirements.
· Participation in related aircraft or engine level system safety meetings and provide coordination.
· Preparing engineering documents, manuals, procedures etc. in scope of the work definition.
· Contributing to development of the tools, processes and procedures required for the job.
· Graduated from mechanical engineering, aerospace/aircraft engineering or related departments of the engineering faculties from reputational universities. (having an MS or PhD degree is a plus)
· Proficient in both spoken and written English
· Preferably having 2+ years of experience in aviation, defense or automotive industries.
· Experience in system safety processes, system development process, preferably in aviation, aviation gas turbine engines or power plant systems for ground vehicles.
· Having knowledge in systems engineering approaches and methods is a plus.
· Proficiency or knowledge in at least one of the system safety tools (Windchill or Reliasoft are preferable.).
· Ability to interpret technical documentation such as FMEA, FTA reports and criticality analysis
· Preferably, experience in planning, conducting and coordinating system safety requirements.
· Knowledge on military and civil standards that is being used in the aviation industry (SAE ARP 4761, SAE ARP 926C, MIL-STD-882E, MIL-STD-1629A, SAE ARP 4754A are preferable.).
· Basic understanding of military certification process is a plus (EASA CS-E and DEF STAN 00-970 PART 11 are preferable).
· Proficient skills in Microsoft products i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project.
· Interpersonal skills required to work with team members, customers and other stakeholders such as aircraft manufacturer and/or subcontractors.