QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUMMARY
This position, reporting to the Chief of Supply Chain, is responsible for buying the best quality equipment, goods and services for OMAS at the most competitive prices.
This individual will need to be skilled at negotiating, networking, tendering, procurement systems and compliance with sustainable development, risk management and ethical issues.
The Procurement Specialist will be conversant with:
- OMAS Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Policy
- OMAS Procurement Policies and Standards
- OMAS Safe Work Procedures
- Relevant International Technical Standards
- Relevant current Industry Standards of Work
- The function of Procurement within OMAS and Centerra
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Prepared and able to multi task with strong administration skills
- Collaborative approach to working with others and strong team ethic.
- Commitment to integrity, diversity and responsible environmental practices.
- Detail-oriented and proactive.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including technical writing.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics, self-motivation and discipline.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Potential to take on further responsibilities
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must be well organized and detail oriented.
- Team cooperation - maintain positive, cooperative attitude with all employees and all suppliers.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Purchasing Specialist shall under direction of the Chief of Supply Chain:
- To request quotations from approved vendors and interview vendors to determine the best quality, price and delivery schedules consistent with company requirements.
- Transmits purchase orders and supporting documents to supplier.
- Tracks orders and confirms system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Reviews, updates, and maintains purchase orders until they are closed.
- To maintain all necessary purchasing records.
- Forecast levels of demand for services and products to meet the business needs and keep a constant check on stock levels;
- Conduct research to ascertain the best products and suppliers;
- Liaise between suppliers, manufacturers and relevant internal departments;
- Identify potential suppliers, visit existing suppliers, and build and maintain good relationships;
- Negotiate with suppliers;
- Process payments and invoices for accounting;
- Maintain a contract register and contract files;
- Forecast price trends and their impact on future activities;
- Assist with developing OMAS’s purchasing strategy, especially with regards to local purchasing;
- Evaluate bids and make recommendations based on commercial and technical factors;
- To work in coordination with Project Department & warehouse.
- To analyze market trends and issue periodic reports on lead times and purchase price variances
- Assist with ensuring compliance with activities under IIC.
Other Job Roles and Responsibilities Include:
- Work to deliver Procurement Plans and Objectives
- Attend training courses (internal or External) as required
- Maintain a safe, clean and organized workplace
- Be available to work at any OMAS location as required
- Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- Experience in the mining industry and international experience would be an advantage.
- Min. 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Fluency in oral and written Turkish and English.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills
- No military obligation for male candidates
- Experience working with ERP system.
- Valid Driver's license preferable.