QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
• Actively participates in and helps manage the product development process including the preparation of the business case, modeling of the product and profit testing, regulatory approval process, ensuring proper implementation as far as product documentation and systems are concerned.
• Experience studies: provide input to management regarding the persistency, claims and expense experience of the company with guidance of the PD Manager.
• Reporting: prepares monthly/quarterly reports regarding the persistency, lapse and claims experience of the company
• Provides support to sales channels regarding the development of new sales strategies and compensation structures.
• Works together with the sales channels to determine their needs, helps them enhance profitability and competitiveness of their products and related procedures.
• Works with the financial valuation team to ensure that the appropriate reinsurance coverage is in place to manage risks attached to products.
• Works with the U/W team to ensure that the appropriate U/W rules are in place for any product developments.
• Manages, along with the PD Manager, the relationship with the various government bodies including the Treasury.
• Minimum 4 years work experience in health & life insurance sector
• Preparing for or passed 1st level actuarial exams
• Advanced proficiency in written and verbal English
• Understanding of basic actuarial metrics (VNB, present value of premiums, etc.)
• Ability to work well in a team setting
• High level of MS Excel/Access proficiency
• University degree at minimum