QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Founded in 1948, Karadeniz Holding engages in various sectors, primarily energy, finance, tourism and real estate industries. The Group is the only owner, operator and builder of the first Powership™ (floating power plant) fleet in the world and plays an active role in medium to long-term investments with more than 1600 employees around the world in different 18 countries in Europe, Africa and Asia.
Karpowership, part of the Karadeniz Holding, is the owner, operator and builder of the only Powership™ (floating power plant) fleet in the world and plays an active role in medium to long-term investments; providing access to fast-track, affordable and reliable electricity. Powerships have a range of 30 MW to 470 MW and are delivered ready to operate in less than 60 days. Currently, Karpowership owns and operates 22 Powerships with an installed capacity exceeding 3,500 MW and another 5,000 MW are under construction or in the pipeline. In addition to a Powership fleet, Karpowership owns and operates its own LNG fleet. With expertise and experience in the field, Karpowership serves as a one-stop-shop for LNG to Power solutions, as a single provider delivering all parts of the value chain; including but not limited to LNG sourcing, transport, delivery, regasification, and electricity production; with the mission of powering life wherever needed. With more than 1600 employees globally; Karpowership is operational in Indonesia, Lebanon, Mozambique, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Gambia, Senegal, Sudan and Cuba.
To be employed within Supply Chain Directorate, we are looking for a “Purchasing Assistant Manager, Civil Works” with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering departments from reputable universities,
- 5+ years’ experience in purchasing field of industrial projects in energy, construction or heavy engineering sectors,
- Experienced within a heavy engineering environment, including electromechanical equipments, construction, civil works materials purchases,
- Past experience in procurement of power transmission line installation and / or substation & switchyards projects would be an asset,
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of best practices in procurement procedures globally, project administration and follow-up, and contract management,
- Strong stakeholder management skills – ideally gained in a multinational business,
- International work experience would be an asset,
- Fluency in English both written & spoken
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office programmes and SAP MM module,
- Excellent organisational skills with attention to detail,
- Strong communication skills (oral & written), including strong negotiation and influencing skills and the ability to establish effective working relationships with a variety of people at different levels, both internally and externally,
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines and follow-through within a fast paced environment with multiple and competing demands,
- Must be customer focused, team oriented, accountable and results driven,
- No restriction for travelling abroad,
- No military obligation for male candidates
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that project procurement activities meet quality, cost and delivery targets and provides clear guidance, plans and actions on supply chain delivery to Powership Technical team responsible for site preparation and commissioning activities.
- Taking active role in preparation and implementation of commissioning and site preparation operations of Powership Plants in existing and potential countries mostly located in Asia, Africa, Middle East and Latin America.
- Working closely with Powership Technical team to fulfil the needs of department, including travelling to all locations when needed.
- Making required material/service purchases for the power transmission line installation, commissioning and necessary testing organizations coordinating with the Head Office.
- Managing whole purchasing process of electrical, mechanical, especially construction demands.
- Making subcontractors’ contracts.
- Analyzing and researching market, creating a portfolio on source of supply, maintaining necessary negotiations with suppliers and documenting according to designated purchasing material groups.
- Putting supply demands into operation on time and complete, conducting supply processes according to company procedures, reporting progress of supply process regularly to Management of the department.
- Determining most convenient source of supply by creating a proposal evaluation table within the scope of delivery terms and duration, customs clearance, transportation, storing etc. along with economic life criteria, warranty, post-delivery costs and services based on Total Cost of Ownership.
- Preparing purchase orders and contracts related to convenient source of supply to submit for approval of Management.
- Conducting Reporting possible updates, necessary information and documents on purchase orders and terms of contracts to related department on time and complete.
- Following up and controlling payment duration of invoices for designated purchasing materials and services groups, following up
- Executing necessary adjustments to protect company’s rights and interests in collaboration with related managers and departments in supply processes for warranty, claims and return policies for designated procurement material groups.
- Executing supplier KPIs for designated purchasing material groups and following up