QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Corporate Finance and Advisory services.
The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our 270,000 people, in more than 150 countries, are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do. Our offices around the world use the same methodology and are linked through an integrated technology platform to enable instantaneous communication and collaboration among team members, regardless of location. As a member of EY Global, in Turkey we operate in 5 offices located in Istanbul, Ankara, Bursa and Izmir, with more than 1600 people for 30 years.
EY’s insurance and actuarial practice in Turkey is growing and we are looking for actuarial professionals with experience in life and non-life insurance to assume the role. The successful candidates will be responsible for applying their knowledge and experience in a wide variety of projects including audits and external peer reviews, IFRS 17 implementation, process improvement and automation and modelling and analysis supporting various actuarial projects. This position offers the right professional a tremendous opportunity for learning, leading, teaming, and career advancement.
Your key responsibilities
· Applying your actuarial knowledge and experience in life and non-life insurance to enable the delivery of actuarial and broader insurance projects. This may include model validation, peer review, audit, pricing, due diligence and numerous other projects.
· Leading the IFRS17 Implementation projects,
· Leading the development, conversion and/or validation of models
· Contributing to team success through peer review, sharing knowledge and insights, being proactive and assertive and mentoring junior members of staff.
· Developing individual capabilities: expanding the breadth of one’s personal knowledge and capabilities, monitoring developments in both life and non-life insurance actuarial practice
· The successful candidate must be willing and able to travel.
Skills and attributes for success
We’re most interested in intellectually curious actuaries with a clear passion for actuarial work. You’ll also need to be a great communicator, as well as flexible in the face of often rapidly changing projects.
You should have;
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong conceptual, analytical and problem-solving skills
· Strong collaboration, interpersonal and client-service skills
To qualify for the role you must have
· At least 4 years of experience working in an actuarial position within the insurance industry or at an actuarial consulting firm
· Demonstrated experience developing, maintaining and using models.
· Knowledge in IFRS standards is an asset
· Audit support on Local GAAP and IFRS audit, both life and non-life segments is an asset
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in best practices in model development is an asset
· Demonstrated experience in reserving, capital and financial reporting
· PC proficiency including knowledge of Excel
Other desirable skills and experiences
· Functional ability to communicate in English, both written and orally, is a must.
Make your mark. Apply today
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.