QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
EY is a global leader in Assurance, Tax, Corporate Finance and Advisory services.
The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Our 270,000 people, in more than 150 countries, are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do. Our offices around the world use the same methodology and are linked through an integrated technology platform to enable instantaneous communication and collaboration among team members, regardless of location. As a member of EY Global, in Turkey we operate in 5 offices located in Istanbul, Ankara, Bursa and Izmir, with more than 1600 people for 30 years.
Connect the dots, join EY and advise on the big picture
· Expand your network, enhance your skills and engage with clients
· Provide impactful advice on a wide range of general insurance projects
· Work in multi-disciplinary teams with leading professionals
We are looking for actuaries and other quantitative professionals who are interested in growing their career in advising on financial risk management, specifically within the insurance sector. We are looking for talented professionals with minimum of 1-4 years of relevant experience.
This role will provide you with opportunities to apply your knowledge and experience in delivering pragmatic solutions to our clients. You will build valuable relationships with primarily financial services clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
· Contribute to actuarial advisory and audit assignments in Turkey
· Audit support on Local GAAP and IFRS audit, both life and non-life segments
· Actuarial and insurance advisory
· Mergers & Acquisitions, actuarial modelling, employee benefit valuations
· Actively contribute to a wide range of client projects
· Manage small teams of junior actuarial and trainees as part of a larger project, including performance management
· Mentoring less experienced colleagues
· Actuarial sciences or relevant mathematical/statistical/financial studies
· At least 1 year of actuarial experience in the insurance/finance industry or advisory/audit
· Outstanding knowledge of Microsoft Excel
· Experience in using actuarial and/or statistical software
· Knowledge in IFRS standards
· Analytical mindset
· Knowledge of a programming language and/or algorithmic thinking is an advantage
· Good writing and documentation skills, good organizational skills
· Strong communication skills and client oriented approach
· Ability to work in a team effectively
· Self-motivation, proactiveness
· Fluent English knowledge is a must
We offer you:
· Great work environment, great colleagues.
· Challenging and varied work experience with the most prestigious clients and many opportunities for taking on responsibility.
· Pleasant work environment
· Ongoing training, development and career opportunities