QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Yıldırım Group of Companies based in Istanbul Turkey is one of Turkey’s fastest growing companies. It is a vertically integrated industrial conglomerate, which operates in more than 9 different sectors of which mining and metallurgical operations is its flagship industry group. YILMADEN, the group’s mining subsidiary is involved in chrome mining operations in Turkey and Kazakhstan, own ferrochrome production facilities in Russia, Sweden and Turkey. YILMADEN’s focus is on exploring, mining and processing mineral resources with minimal impact on the environment.
If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, Yildirim Group of Companies may indeed be the right home to build your international career.
• Serve as the lead health, safety and environmental professional forEti Krom and work at Elazığ.
• Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and refinement of safety, health, and hazardous materials/ waste policies and procedures, including the required training.
• Ensure all activities are in compliance with governmental regulations and HQ HESSR Global Operational Procedures.
• Responsible for aligning safety programs across all operations to ensure a consistent approach.
• With cross-departmental collaboration, guide and/or facilitate HSE trainings.
• Provide coaching to associates at all levels to improve our overall HSE culture and to facilitate good, safe, work practices.
• Through audits, both internal and external, inspections, record reviews, etc., ensure compliance with corporate HESSR programs and applicable local laws.
• Guide risk assessments related to jobs performed and design constructions, and recommend appropriate risk mitigation measures to management, including ergonomic considerations.
• Develop, implement and monitor policies/procedures that require the reporting, investigation and follow-up for all injuries and incidents. This includes proper notifications to our HQ.
• Maintain detailed record of all work related injury claims, non-injury events and incidents. Develop, implement and test emergency response programs and procedures.
• Works independently on a daily basis providing quality reports, analysis and policies in HSE.
• Daily interaction with managers, staff, and external auditors. Periodic interaction with local emergency response groups and regulatory agencies.
• Direct reports to Eti Krom General Manager and functionally reports to YILMADEN HESSR Director.
• B.A. /B.S. preferably in engineering.
• Min 3 years of experience in Health, Safety and Environmental management.
• Min 4 years of experience in underground mining.
• Min 10 years of total experience in HSE.
• Prior people leadership and management experience.
• Strong working knowledge of local regulations as well as other regulatory standards including, but not limited to, EN, NFPA, EBRD etc.
• Safety certification, class A or B preferred.
• Strong leadership and time management skills.
Strong interpersonal, presentation, verbal and written communication skills both in Turkish and English.
Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects.
Proven track record of driving cultural change in HSE.
Ability to effectively present information to top management.