QUALIFICATIONS AND JOB DESCRIPTION
Our company seeks a Power Trader with the Power Trading Department.
The trader will join a highly competitive team of traders each has his/her own proprietary trading book. He/she will be responsible to extract value from volatility in the electricity market trading either on Over-the-Counter market or on Derivatives Market in Turkey or abroad.
· Bachelor degree in Engineering, Economics, Math, Statistics or Business Administration,
· Experienced in the energy sector with either portfolio optimization / trading background or from the banking sector with trading experience in equities or commodities,
· Self-starter with possessive attitude and has exceptional problem solving skills,
· Strong verbal & written communication skills in English,
· Able to work under pressure for fast-paced, time sensitive trading environment,
· Strong aptitude to take risk supported with solid justification,
· Must be proficient in Excel and demonstrate proven understanding of advanced functionality,
· Ability to multi-task and prioritize simultaneous issues,
· No restrictions to travel,
· Male candidates must have fulfilled their military service.
· Executing trading strategies based on fundamental and technical market developments,
· To trade in Turkish and Non-Turkish markets for speculative and hedge purposes
· Negotiate standard and custom made power contracts with local and international participants,
· Work closely with internal analysis and support departments,
· Closely follow commercial and legislative developments in Turkey and EU.